Sketty & Killay Medical Centres
Covid Vaccine Programme as at 24th Feb 2021
If you are over the age of.......
- 70 and shielding because you are extremely vulnerable and not yet had a covid vaccine - please contact the surgery.
- 80 and not yet had a vaccine - again please contact the surgery.
- Patients between the ages of 70 and 79 will be contacted by the Health Authority and booked into the Bay Field Hospital to receive their vaccination. If you are in this age group and have not yet received your appointment please email: SBU.Covidbookingteam@wales.nhs.uk
- Patients aged 65 - 69 will receive an appointment to attend the Bay Field hospital. Please be patient as this is a new tier and you may have to wait a couple of weeks for your appointment.
- Adults aged 16 to 65 in an At Risk group will be contacted by the surgery. Please be patient we have only just started to invite this cohort of patients and have a lot to go through.
- Patients aged 50 - 64 will be invited into the Mass vaccination Centres - Over the next couple of months.
Those in line to get it MUST wait to be invited. Please be patient.
please wait to be invited.
Click for help online with askmyGP
We are delighted to have launched a new service called ‘Ask My GP ’. This service enables our patients to request help from our clinicians via the internet or a smart phone. You will have the option to request email advice, telephone or face to face help.
The service is available from 8:00 am to 11:30 am on a week day.
Please telephone the surgery for all URGENT medical problems and if you require assistance between 11:30 and 18:30 pm
All our registered patients are welcome, and as a parent or carer you can use AskMyGP on behalf of a patient. You may prefer a telephone or email response.
Ask my GP enables you to see when your usual GP is working so you can request help from specific individuals.
Click on the 'Ask My GP' link above.
FOR REPEAT PRESCRIPTION REQUESTS PLEASE CONTINUE TO USE MHOL OR RING THE PRESCRIPTION LINE.
We are asking all patients and visitors to wear a mask when visiting the surgeries. Do not attend the surgery if you have Covid symptoms or are self isolating.
Due to the on going pandemic we are again closing KILLAY surgery between 1 and 3pm on a Wednesday in order to protect patients attending our 'baby clinics' Many thanks.
Please note the new AskmyGP service start date will be the 9th November 2020. You can use this service to book consultations with a GP On line between 8:00 and 11:30 am each week day. This service is for non urgent consultations only. You will be able to see the AskmyGP Icon on the 'Go live' date. In the mean time please telephone the surgery for all requests. Thank you for your continued support.
CORONAVIRUS - UPDATE 30th JUNE 2020
PLEASE RING EITHER SURGERY AND A DOCTOR OR NURSE WILL RING YOU BACK. TELEPHONE FROM 8:15 AM. - MHOL APPOINTMENTS HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED TEMPORARILY.
IF THE DOCTOR OR NURSE NEEDS TO SEE YOU THEY WILL ARRANGE FOR YOU TO COME IN TO SURGERY
REPEAT PRESCRIPTIONS – PLEASE USE MHOL OR TELEPHONE BETWEEN 09:00 AM TO 12 PM
This long establishes practice covers a wide area and is one of the largest in Wales.
The Partnership consists of six full time and 5 part time GP Partners they share their time between the two purpose built premises in Sketty and Killay. Both centres have suitable access for all disabled patients and there is a lift to the first floor treatment centre at Killay. We are a training practice and undertake the teaching and training of healthcare professionals.
(Site updated 24/02/2021)